- The List Computers script will take a list of computer names from a text file and open a new window containing the associated computer records.
- After “selecting” a list of computers with the script above, the Move Computers script allows you to change the Login Type, Division, Lifecycle Stage, and/or Anchor status for the listed computers en masse.
- Like a “Reverse Audit” report, the Computers Without Product script allows you to list all the computers on your KeyServer that do not have a selected product installed.
- Brand new are the Gather Dell Dates and Lookup Lenovo Warranty Date scripts, which allow you to retrieve and populate warranty date fields in KeyServer for selected computers, by automatically querying the manufacturer’s website with the required serial numbers.
- If you have a number of computers that you want to remove a tag from, but don’t want to delete the tag from your system entirely, the Remove Tags script allows that bulk action.
Many other pre-built scripts are available as well. Just click the Install link next to the script you want to download and install it directly into KeyConfigure locally, or onto the KeyServer itself, with just a couple of clicks. If you have any questions about how to use any of the scripts provided, or if you have an idea for a script that you’d like to build and have questions or would like guidance, feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com, or call us at 603-643-3351.
Author: Jason Schackai
Training and implementation specialist by day, user experience designer by night, Jason helps users learn the ropes of Sassafras, while mining their difficulties for ways to improve the product. As his father once told him: “Join me, and I will complete your training. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy!”