Sassafras Software has a long tradition as innovator and market leader in providing tools for Software Asset Management (SAM). The pioneering KeyServer® product from Sassafras has evolved over the more than 20 years since its initial release into K2 : an elegant, award winning, unified tool set for both Hardware and Software Asset Management designed for today's complex physical, virtual, and cross-platform computing environments. K2, KeyAuditor & KeyServer, has become a critical component of license compliance and software cost reduction efforts in some of the largest corporate, educational, and government enterprises worldwide. Sassafras enjoys broad support from software publishers, including many technical partners that rely exclusively on K2-KeyServer technology.
As a leader in software license entitlement technology, Sassafras Software is an active participant in many industry forums that promote the dialog between SAM administrators, compliance officers, software publishers, licensing service providers, and industry associations.
Sassafras has presented software licensing issues by invitation for discussion at numerous industry and educational forums such as:
- ISO/IEC SAM Standards Working Groups
- Gartner Group’s Software Asset Management Special Interest Group (SWAMI)
- International Association of IT Asset Managers (IAITAM)
- Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
- US National School Board’s Association (NSBA)
- Macworld IT Management Conference
- Japan Personal-Computer Software Association (JPSA)
- Japanese Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI)
- Goldsmiths - University of London
- The Academic Applications Forum
- EDUCAUSE Software Licensing Issues Constituent Group
- Northeast Regional Computing Program (NERCOMP)
- US General Services Administration
- US Department of Defense (DOD) Software Product Manager’s Team
- DOD IT Asset Management Integrated Product Team
- IBSMA SAM Summit
Sassafras has been instrumental in driving the development of software licensing standards for two decades. Members of the Sassafras team were among the coauthors of the LS-API specification in the early 1990’s. In recent years, a Sassafras volunteer has contributed as a coauthor to the ISO/IEC 19770-2 international standard for software identification and served as the Convener of the working group developing the ISO/IEC 19770-3 standard for software license entitlements.
Sassafras Software has been recognized by the world’s leading IT Asset Management associations with the highest levels of professional recognition in the IT Asset Management industry.
International Association of
IT Asset Managers
K2 - KeyAuditor & KeyServer
Best Asset Management Solution
Business Software Alliance
Software & Information
Sassafras is a privately held company located in Hanover, New Hampshire - just north of the Dartmouth College campus.